DO I NEED COUNSELING?
It takes courage to seek counseling. So, if you’re thinking you might benefit, you are already showing signs of courage and honest self-appraisal!
Sometimes it’s hard to know if counseling or therapy would be helpful. Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be “crazy,” on the edge of falling apart, or desperate to benefit from therapy. The earlier you seek help, the easier it is to benefit from therapy and get back on track quickly. Of course, not every little problem merits counseling; a strong support network is key to navigating many of the challenges you will encounter in your lifetime. So, how do you know if counseling would be helpful for you?
Here are some of the signs to consider:
- You’d like to talk with someone who is unbiased and non-judgmental about some of the things on your mind.
- You’re not feeling yourself. You feel sad, angry, or anxious more often or intensely than usual.
- You’re using alcohol, drugs or sex to help cope or take the edge off life.
- You’ve experienced trauma that you can’t stop thinking about or that is too frightening and painful to acknowledge and/or it’s affecting your life.
- Everything feels very intense.
- You can’t do the things you used to do.
- You’ve lost someone or something very important to you.
- If you’re thinking counseling might be helpful, chances are that it will be.
- Give us a call to get started
For more specific ways that counseling or therapy can be helpful, please see the different Services we offer.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Book an Appointment for an intake session for you or your child.
- Complete relevant intake questionnaires and psychological measures.
For children, additional observation sessions (in the office or at your child’s school) may be arranged.
- Attend a feedback session to discuss intake results and create a treatment plan as a team.
- Discuss whether sharing the assessment results/treatment goals with allied professionals such as teachers, physicians, and psychiatrists is appropriate.
- Therapy is a team effort. We value your feedback at each appointment so we can help you achieve your goals.
WHAT CHALLENGES DO YOU TREAT?
We’re here to help you with the various challenges that arise for children, teens, adults and families. It’s never too soon and it’s never too late to seek coaching or therapy. Our therapists are here to help you with social, learning, emotional and mental health issues to improve you or your child’s sense of well‐being, alleviate feelings of distress and resolve crises. We also provide assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of more severe psychological symptoms and disorders. Ultimately, we can help people learn to cope with stressful situations and break past the barriers that keep them from reaching their goals. Please see SERVICES for much more specific information about the various treatments and assessments we offer. If we can’t help you, we’ll refer you to someone who can.
Why does your exterior door say, Tryon & Associates, LLC instead of The Child & Family Center?
To protect your privacy, we have not included our “Doing Business As” name on the door.